- Additional information
As a busy rancher or farmer, you have no doubt discovered the time saving and money saving qualities of Gripple Fence Joiner and Tensioner.
Now, we bring you the Gripple Tensioning Tool to help you maintain your fence quickly, easily, and efficiently.
Once your Gripples have been installed on your fencing system, the powerful Gripple Tensioning Tool can generate tension up to 800 lbs. (12.5 hi-tensile wire should only be tensioned up to 150-200 lbs.) This innovative tool features
- Gear drives that accept all different sizes of Gripple, without any need for adjustments
- Hardened steel and engineering polymer for a lightweight, but sturdy construction (weighs 1.6 lbs)
- Ergonomic, compact handle that allows for easy handling, easy carrying, and easy operation
6:1 mechanical advantage
Tensioning mechanisim built into the handle
Tension adjustable to 300kg/650 lb
- Lifetime Warranty from the manufacturer
Using Your Tensioning Tool
1) Slide the jaw onto the Gripple (the tool accepts all Gripple sizes)
2) Make sure you have a minimum of 3″” wire extension from the Gripple, in order to capture the wire.
3) The Anvil and toothed Cam of the wire capture mechanism will capture the wire in the open position.
4) As you move the handles apart, the Cam will be knocked off the anvil and open the wire track
5) Squeeze the handles together, while the toothed cam maintains positive grip. You will get about 3″” of wire pull at each tensioning pull.